Date:      Thu, 15 Dec 2005 00:26:55 +0100
From:      "Vincent The" <vincent@i-the.nl>
To:        <Freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   SIS 965L Network support

Hi,

I have a Asus Pundit AE3 (Asus K8S-MV-P Motherboard) with an integrated
LAN chip which should resemble the SiS 190/191 device. I'm a complete
noob at driver issues on FreeBSD so my efforts to cheat the if_sis
driver by adding the Device ID didn't result in a working device. It is
detected now, which is an improvement, but there are some issues left
which are beyond my capabilities of solving. Anyone who can give me a
hand with this? I really need this stuff to work.

The output from pciconf:

none0@pci0:4:0:            class=0x020000 card=0x81391043
chip=0x01901039 rev=0x00 hdr=0x00

    vendor   = 'Silicon Integrated Systems (SiS)'

    class    = network

    subclass = Ethernet

Dmesg output (after editing if_sis.c to incorporate the device ID)

sis0: <SiS 900 10/100BaseTX> port 0xb800-0xb87f mem
0xfbeffc00-0xfbeffc7f irq 19 at device 4.0 on pci0

sis0: couldn't map ports/memory

device_attach: sis0 attach returned 6

I'm running FreeBSD 6.0 AMD64 Release

Thanks in advance,