Date:      Tue, 7 Nov 1995 07:59:40 +0100 (MET)
From:      Peter Rostin <russin@dynas.se>
To:        freebsd-questions@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Using BNC on 3com589B PCMCIA Etherlink III combo

(message resent, first got mangled...)

Have any one succeeded in using the BNC connector on this device? There
seems to be code in if_zp.c to handle this but it doesn't look complete
(comments in the code about where the connector is selected and then set
to a constant).
It looks like link0 is supposed to mean something there but I don't
know.

I have no problem using the 10baseT connector (or using either connector=
 on
DOS).

It doesn't seem to matter how the card is configured in the DOS config
program for the card.

I'm using FreeBSD2.0.5 but I also checked current for this.

--=20
 Peter R=F6stin                                    Email: russin@dynas.s=
 DynaSoft, Dynamic Software AB                   Phone: +46-8-615 84 00
 Address: Hammarby Fabriksv 13, Box 92058        Fax: +46-8-641 92 00
 Address: S-120 06 STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN