Date:      Fri, 26 Dec 2003 01:14:35 +1030
From:      Malcolm Kay <malcolm.kay@internode.on.net>
To:        Chris <racerx@makeworld.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Visual mail notification in KMail

On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 12:47, Chris wrote:
> Happy Holidays folks!
>
> =09Is there a way to tie in a visual mail notifier in KMail? Sorta like=
 how
> Outlook shows the envelope under Windows.

KMail can only notify if it is running.

I run fetchmail in daemon mode to transfer any POP mail from my ISP into
the statndard mailbox /var/mail/'username'.

A number of desktop applications are available to give visual indication
of new mail in the mailbox such as xbiff or xmailbox; I use the latter.

When the mail icon indicates mail present I can call kmail; which is setu=
to read from the mailbox; and process it.

Malcolm Kay