Date:      Thu, 12 Aug 1999 13:23:26 +0200
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@scc.nl>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Oracle client for Free BSD

> Geeta Mahesh wrote:
>
> Dear Sir,
> Now I am porting  an Oracle application on  FreeBSD.
> For this porting, I need Oracle Client for FreeBSD, I have an oracle
> server running on Linux.
> Can u please tell me from where I can get oracle client for FreeBSD?
> I have already posted this question to Oracle support also, and I am
> still awaiting a reply.
> Can u please help??

Oracle does not support FreeBSD natively. Your Oracle application can best
be run under Linux emulation under FreeBSD. This means that you need to
port your application to Linux if it isn't already running under Linux.

--
Marcel Moolenaar                                  mailto:marcel@scc.nl
SCC Internetworking & Databases                     http://www.scc.nl/