Date:      Wed, 16 Apr 1997 04:47:26 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Extra round robin context switching?

When I added the fixed priority non-round robin scheduling I noticed
I get extra context switching between same-priority processes after
an interrupt/wakeup outside of the explicit "roundrobin" entry.
This happens where wakeup calls "need_resched".  I added logic to
compare priorities before need_resched in my scratchpad version of
kern_synch in ~ftp/dufault/posix4.tgz.

Is this causing extra context switches on heavily loaded systems?

--
Peter Dufault (dufault@hda.com)   Realtime Machine Control and Simulation
HD Associates, Inc.               Voice: 508 433 6936