Date:      Wed, 14 May 2008 11:55:31 +0200
From:      Marco Walraven <m.walraven@terantula.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Using POSTFIX_DEFAULT_MTA in /etc/make.conf

Hi,

During installation of /usr/port/mail/postfix (running in BATCH mode) I noted that the POSTFIX_DEFAULT_MTA=yes in my /etc/make.conf did not work. It kept the old /etc/mail/mailer.config and did not write the mailer.config pointing to the postfix binaries.

If specified manually the correct mailer.conf gets written. Looking at the postfix/Makefile I would suggest adding POSTFIX_DEFAULT_MTA=${POSTFIX_DEFAULT_MTA} to the SCRIPTS_ENV var so that the pkg-install script will get to know about it.

Can anyone confirm this ?

 M.

--
 Terantula - Industrial Strength Open Source
 phone:+31 64 3232 400 / www: http://www.terantula.com / pgpkey: E7EE7A46