Date:      Fri, 7 Nov 2008 01:07:02 -0800
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Chris Hill" <chris@monochrome.org>, "SAM HAYNES" <pathfinder07@embarqmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Replace XP with FreeBSD (was Re: (no subject))

I do and can.  We have customers doing this.  However it is going to take
you many years to get this up and going and there's a huge amount of
competition.  You have a LOT to learn.  And it will never pay much.

Your most profitable bet is to visit your local IBEW office and get your
license
current, then start going around to all of the local builders and
giving them your card.  There's a big need for people who can do small
electrical jobs under permit.

If this is out, and your dead-set on doing something on the Internet,
then go to some classes, learn how to write a decent website, and spend
a few years doing websites for people.  There's not a lot of money
in that either, but there's more than trying to do what you think you
want to do.  And, you will never be able to do what you think you want
to do until you are intimately familiar with HTML.

Ted