Date:      Fri, 9 Jul 1999 13:28:58 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "M. L. Dodson" <bdodson@beowulf.utmb.edu>
To:        "Pleschutznig, Andreas" <Andreas.Pleschutznig@Schwab.COM>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Problems with incomplete printing

Pleschutznig, Andreas writes:
 > What happens with the raw print? It fails! The problem really seems to be
 > related to the length of the print request. Kind of as if the printer gets
 > reset after the lpt driver sent out all data.
 >
 > Andy

Do you have a line or variable such as

:mx#0:

in /etc/printcap?  Unless you set the mx printcap variable to 0,
the printjob will have a maximum size (1MB?, don't remember
offhand).

[deleta]
--
M. L. Dodson                                bdodson@scms.utmb.edu
409-772-2178                                FAX: 409-772-1790