Date:      Thu, 26 Apr 2001 19:08:47 -0400 (EDT)
From:      mi@aldan.algebra.com
To:        Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, luigi@iet.unipi.it, net@FreeBSD.ORG, rmolchon@privatelabs.com, jonathan@privatelabs.com, wpaul@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: maxing out the 100Mb TX (full duplex)

On 25 Apr, Brooks Davis wrote:
= On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 06:33:17PM -0400, Mikhail Teterin wrote:
= > In our  load tests we  seem to be maxing  out the 100Mb  full duplex
= > network card (fxp0).
= >
= > The machine  has two such cards  on the motherboard. How  can we use
= > both of them transparently?
=
= If you have a switch that supports EtherChannel you can use Bill Pauls
= netgraph module. Otherwise, I don't  think there's any reliable way to
= do it.
=
= http://people.freebsd.org/~wpaul/FEC/

Well, we have Intel's Express 510T  switch... I tried to grep the manual
for "EtherChannel", it is not  there... But the switch looks impressive,
so may be it is just called something else?

= Alternativly, if you have an appropriate switch, you could use gigabit
= ethernet.

We don't  have another slot  on this  server's motherboard, but  the two
fxp-cards  are on-board...  We would  like to,  of course,  use what  we
already have first.

Thanks!

	-mi