Date:      Thu, 12 Aug 2004 12:24:56 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
From:      "Hakim Z. Singhji" <hakim.singhji@earthlink.net>
To:        Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DHCP and rc Questions For FreeBSD 4.10???

>Who manages your DHCP server?  The config I described has worked in
>every configuration I've ever dealt with (and that's quite a few) so
>there is definately something external causing the problem.

I have an Earthlink Highspeed Cable account w/ DHCP Server

>Did you install a packet filter when you set this box up?

Yes, however I turned firewall to [firewall_enable="NO"] and commented
all firewall entries in the rc.conf file.

>If you don't have a DHCP _server_ on your network, then the DHCP _client_
>will not be able to to its job.

Earthlink should provide a DHCP server, when I had my standalone redhat
box it was configured and I was also receiving DNS as well through earthlink.

What do you suggest I do?