Date:      Thu, 18 May 2000 16:40:50 +0100
From:      Mik.Thwaite@mis.magna-europa.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   CATIA, Solaris and FreeBSD

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions or experience using an
exported file system from freebsd 2.2.8 mounted on a network/workstations
running CATIA 4.2.0r1on Solaris 2.6/7.

In a terminal window a listing of the mounted file sytem shows all of the
file names correctly/as I would expect. However, if I remote shell to the
freebsd machine and do a listing on the directory I get different
characters appearing in the listing.

Also I cannot open models in CATIA if they reside on the FreeBSD filesystem
or create export files, although it will make a 0 length file with the
correct filename in the correct directory. I have checked the permissions,
added users etc but with no sucess. I expect the two are in some way
connected but have not worked out how.

We have other software which appears to be quite happy about working across
the NFS but CATIA doesn't want to work with FreeBSD NFS mounted
filesystems.
If anyone has any suggestions or has encountered similar behavior I'd be
greatful for information.

Thanks,

Mik Thwaite
Design Engineer / IT-CAD