Date:      Wed, 18 Jul 2001 08:28:02 -0800
From:      Beech Rintoul <akbeech@anchoragerescue.org>
To:        Martin Hasenbein <mh-freebsd-questions@space.net>, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: XFree 4.1.0 und Gnome 1.4

On Wednesday 18 July 2001 04:15 am, Martin Hasenbein wrote:
> Hi,
>
> does anyone has experiences installing XFree 4.1.0 and Gnome 1.4
> from the ports? I tried to install X, which made no problems.
> after that I tried to install Gnome 1.4, but it doesn't work.
> I can't install X and Gnoem from /stand/sysinstall, because
> this installs X 3.3.6 and my graphics adapter doesn't work with that.
> I do make install clean and then:

Uncomment the line:

XFREE86_VERSION=	4

in /etc/defaults/make.conf, and try your build again. Also, to get a clean
build of XF86 you might need to nuke your X11R6 directory and rebuild.
I had the same problem until I completely got rid of any remaining 3.3.6
binaries.

Beech

--
Micro$oft: "Where can we make you go today?"
     Beech Rintoul - IT Manager - Instructor - akbeech@anchoragerescue.org