Date:      Mon, 27 Nov 2000 20:56:14 +0100
From:      Hanspeter Roth Bsag <roth@bsag.ch>
To:        Christoph Sold <so@server.i-clue.de>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: not waiting for SCSI devices

On Mon, Nov 27, 2000 at 07:16:30PM +0100, Christoph Sold wrote:
> Hanspeter Roth Bsag wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > After making installkernel the new kernel doesn't wait for the
> > Scsi devices to settle any more an hence dosen't recognise the
> > Scsi device `da' any more.
> >
> > What's wrong?
>
> The line
>
> options         SCSI_DELAY=8000 # Be pessimistic about Joe SCSI device
>
> is missing from your config file.

I have now created a separat config TEST and set SCSI_DELAY to 8000.
But still it dosn't wait any second.

I found there were some opt_scsi.h created below
/usr/src/sys/compile/TEST/...
/usr/src/sys/compile/TEST/opt_scsi.h has
  #define SCSI_DELAY 8000
.../modules/usr/src/sys/modules/aha/opt_scsi.h has
  #define SCSI_DELAY 15000

And the ones in .../modules/umass, vpo, asr and mly are empty.

Any ideas?

-Hanspeter