Date:      Thu, 26 Jun 2003 20:04:15 -0400
From:      William O'Higgins <william.ohiggins@utoronto.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   laptop install problem - usb cd drive

The Challenge:

An old laptop, with no OS that can only boot from a floppy.  I want to
install FreeBSD.

I have a USB CDROM, but I cannot make it bootable at the BIOS level.

I have a network card (PCMCIA) but no knowledge of how to get drivers
for it on a FreeBSD install floppy.

I'm pretty sure I'll have to either install entirely from floppies (not
worth the time) or from the CDROM or network, but I don't know how to
make those devices work from a blank hd and a floppy.

Any pointers?  Thanks.
--

yours,

William