Date:      Thu, 14 May 1998 08:31:07 -0500
From:      "Steinke, David" <dsteinke@timex.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Winsock 2.2

To whom it may concern,

	I have a shell account on a server that is running FreeBSD.  It
is a reliable server and I have never had any problems.... Until I
upgraded to Winsock 2.2 on my machine here.  Now any transfers between
their server and my PC are VERY slow.  Usually about 0.4k/sec.  I also
have encountered the same problem using Windows 98. (which has also uses
winsock 2.2)  Most of the time the transfer will eventually time out.
It does this very consistantly whether it is via www (http), telnet, or
ftp.  Do you have any idea what is causing this conflict with the new
version of Winsock?  Is there an update available?  Thank you for your
time.

Regards,

David

David Steinke