Date:      Sun, 3 Aug 1997 05:38:22 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: rc.shutdown

 * Btw., this now requires a sweep over the ports tree, so those ports
 * that install a /usr/local/etc/rc.d/*.sh file can be converted to
 * distinguish between `start' and `stop' arguments.  /etc/rc used to
 * call these scripts with `start' for quite some time already, but the
 * scripts usually ignore it (AFAIK).  Once this is done, rc.shutdown
 * could implement the complementary calls to /etc/rc.

Oh my goodness.  Thanks for pointing this out Joerg, I didn't realize
that.  Hey porters, did you hear that? ;)

This brings up a very interesting problem though...that is, most ports
don't install the script if it already exists.  We need to be much
more intelligent than that (for obvious reasons)....

Satoshi