Date:      Sun, 8 Dec 2002 11:32:50 +0000
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: O T  Longest uptime ever recorded ?

On Sun, Dec 08, 2002 at 03:15:15AM -0800, faisal gillani wrote:

>  Can anyone tell me is there any sort of record in the
> histroy of servers wat is the longest uptime of the
> server ever recorded ?

Oh dear, not this topic again.

Google is your friend.  You'll find that bragging about how long one's
server has been up for is a perennial favourite on the web and around
newsgroups.  One link that is a favourite amongst BSD'ers is:

    http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/today/top.avg.html

The counter argument to all this "my uptime is bigger than yours"
tomfoolery is that any well managed server will be regularly upgraded,
run through power-on tests and so forth --- at least once a year ---
so uptimes stretching back to the pre-cambrian indicate a lack of
proper maintenance.  Whatever.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                      Savill Way