Date:      Thu, 30 Sep 1999 15:56:49 -0400
From:      David Buechner <djb@shownets.net>
To:        "Dongre, Prashant" <ppd2@co.westchester.ny.us>, "'big_river_software.com@ns.sympatico.ca'" <big_river_software.com@ns.sympatico.ca>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: any heads up on FreeBSD install to system with whole hdd FAT3 2

I remember seeing something on (I think) a ThinkPad mailing list that
Partition Magic had problems running in Win98 when booted from a FAT32
partition.  I avoid this problem by always booting the Partition Magic
Rescue diskette.  I've got a FAT32 partition and a FreeBSD partition and
have had no trouble making adjustments as necessary.

David

At 01:29 PM 9/1/99 -0400, Dongre, Prashant wrote:
>I was able to use Partition magic on whole FAT32 6.5 Gb Disk without any
>problem.
>FAT32 was created using WIN98 install. I had no important data on the system
>so took the risk.

David Buechner
showNets - "High Speed Internet Access to the Trade Show Floor"
770-924-5478 (Office) 770-924-5468 (Fax)
<http://www.shownets.net>http://www.shownets.net