Date:      Sat, 6 Oct 2001 20:55:20 -0300
From:      "Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira" <lioux@uol.com.br>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        portmgr@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   RFC {MASTER,PATCH}_SITES grouping patch for bsd.port.mk

Hi,

	This is the almost release material.

- new version
http://people.freebsd.org/~lioux/bsd.port.mk.gz
- patch against current version
http://people.freebsd.org/~lioux/patch-bsd.port.mk.gz

	If you are missing an explanation of all the features, (or,
WTH is this? :) please check the final proposal

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=review+final+MASTER_SITES+with+grouping+(ala+OpenBSD)+patch&scoring=r&rnum=1&selm=20011001030044.A1185_exxodus.fedaykin.here%40ns.sol.net

and the original proposal

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=12662+0+/usr/local/www/db/text/2001/freebsd-ports/20010930.freebsd-ports

	It works, just 2 tiny things I would like to change:

	1) I check the group keyword so that it cannot be all, ALL,
	default 'cause they can cause confusion and are used
	internally in bsd.port.mk. However, the if is not working

line 1134

.                       if ${_group}==all || ${_group}==ALL || ${_group}==default
.                       BEGIN:
                                @${ECHO} "The words all, ALL and default are reserved and cannot be used"
                                @${ECHO} "in group definitions."
                                @${ECHO} "Please fix your MASTER_SITES"
                                @${FALSE}
.                       endif

	Though, I've been considering to allow the use of ALL (in
all other but {MASTER,PATCH}_SITES) meaning that the ${DIST,PATCH}FILES
or {MASTER,PATCH}_SITE_SUBDIR  belongs to ALL master sites. The 'all'
word would be a synonim to ALL and 'default' to DEFAULT.
	Nevertheless, I will need a if check to do that and it is
odd this is not working. I am sure I am overlooking something.

	2) Instead of repeating the same code 3 times

SORTED_PATCH_SITES_CMD_TMP="echo ${_MASTER_SITE_OVERRIDE} `echo '$${__PATCH_SITES_TMP}' | ${AWK} '${MASTER_SORT_AWK}'` ${_MASTER_SITE_BACKUP}"

	I would like to use an internal variable to represent it
and reference it. To make myself clear, I have code showing what
I wanted but which does not work.

http://people.freebsd.org/~lioux/patch-internal

	I hope someone fix this mistake of mine so that we can
get have a cleaner code.

	Outside these, the code works. Please review and let me
know what you think. Everything is implemented and the grouping
works just like the un-grouped code: sorting, subdir, override.
	Let's hope this one is accepted. *fingers crossed*

	Please, review, test and improve the code if you can.

	Regards,

--
Mario S F Ferreira - UnB - Brazil - "I guess this is a signature."
lioux at ( freebsd dot org | linf dot unb dot br )