Date:      Thu, 15 Feb 2007 06:43:31 -0600
From:      Terry Todd <tlt@badger.tltodd.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: phpMyAdmin httpd segmentation fault

I have built a third system with phpMyAdmin, php5, mysql and apache (all the same versions
as the previous two systems).  phpMyAdmin works on this third system.

Comparing the extensions in the two systems that seg fault httpd and the one that works:

/usr/local/etc/php/extensions.ini from working system
extension=mysql.so
extension=pcre.so
extension=session.so
extension=bz2.so
extension=gd.so
extension=openssl.so
extension=pdf.so
extension=zlib.so
extension=mcrypt.so
extension=mbstring.so
extension=xml.so

/usr/local/etc/php/extensions.ini from not working systems
extension=sqlite.so
extension=mysql.so
extension=pcre.so
extension=session.so
extension=bz2.so
extension=gd.so
extension=openssl.so
extension=pdf.so
extension=zlib.so
extension=mcrypt.so
extension=mbstring.so
extension=mysqli.so
extension=bcmath.so
extension=calendar.so
extension=ctype.so
extension=curl.so
extension=dom.so
extension=exif.so
extension=fileinfo.so
extension=filepro.so
extension=fribidi.so
extension=ftp.so
extension=gettext.so
extension=gmp.so
extension=iconv.so
extension=imap.so
extension=mhash.so
extension=ming.so
extension=ncurses.so
extension=odbc.so
extension=panda.so
extension=pcntl.so
extension=pdo.so
extension=posix.so
extension=pspell.so
extension=readline.so
extension=recode.so
extension=shmop.so
extension=simplexml.so
extension=soap.so
extension=sockets.so
extension=tokenizer.so
extension=xml.so
extension=xmlreader.so
extension=xmlwriter.so
extension=zip.so
extension=wddx.so
extension=xmlrpc.so
extension=xsl.so
extension=yaz.so
extension=dba.so
extension=snmp.so

So now I need to narrow it down to what is causing the problem.

On all 3 of these systems I have not modified /etc/make.conf at all from the
installed version.

As an experiment I copied the working extensions.ini file to the non working
system, restarted apache and it still seg faults when browsing to phpMyAdmin.

Terry Todd