Date:      Thu, 23 May 2002 08:32:35 -0400
From:      "Naga Narayanaswamy" <naga@mindspring.com>
To:        <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   ng_eiface hangs on 4.6RC

Hello!

I updated to 4.6-RC on May 22. Posted to freebsd-stable
no response, so cross posting to net.

Am testing ng_eiface, new netgraph node added in this release.
I find that it is not in sys/conf/[files|options] but
the ng_eiface.[ch] are present in netgraph directory and in
Release notes. After cvsup'ing, I added the required lines in
sys/conf/[files|options] and did buildkernel and installkernel.
Also modified sys/modules/netgraph to install ng_eiface.ko
However on running the following command the system hangs
and I have to hard reboot the PC. Any idea ?
(I also made /usr/sbin/ngctl; but I did not do a complete buildworld.
Could that be a problem ?)

Command causing hang =
ngctl mkpeer fxp0: eiface divert ether

Thanks!