Date:      Mon, 28 Feb 2000 00:08:53 +0100 (CET)
From:      Geir Eivind Mork <gemork@online.no>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Out of file descriptors

--29004334.951692933831.JavaMail.webmail1@pompel2.online.no

Please answer to Geir.Eivind@mork.com since I'm not writing from my own account.

When I boot my FreeBSD 3.4 which I completly reinstalled four days ago I suddenly got this message: (output from verbose boot)

wd0s2: type 0xa5, start 165312, end = 1598623, size 1425312 : OK
start_init: trying /sbin/init
.: Out of file descriptors

then a query about which shell I want to boot or return for sh (as in single-user boot).

My first question is what this fault is all about? the second is how I can deal with it or am I doomed? and why if so just after a couple of days use. (all I have done were to start on a school exersice in html and that I setup apache plus php and configured the network addresses. I can't see that this could have any influence on those so called file descriptors.

I would appriciate any help, please forward any answer to geir.eivind@mork.com since I don't subscribe to this forum yet.
--29004334.951692933831.JavaMail.webmail1@pompel2.online.no--