Date:      Thu, 16 Jul 98 09:29:59 +0200
From:      THIERRY.HERBELOT@telspace.alcatel.fr
To:        darrengi@sfu.ca
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=E9p_:_Help_installing_FreeBSD_via_PPP?=

     Hello,

     Are you able to connect with your ISP using M$-Lose ?

     If so, (even if it's contrary to your faith in FreeBSD ;-)), do
     download the base distribution (RELEASE-x-x-x/bin and
     RELEASE-x-x-x/src/ssys.*) to your local hard drive (within M$, you can
     tolerate downloading in "n" times).

     Then you'll be safer installing from this local drive (installing from
     PPP adds the troubles of getting a good internet connection to those
     of the install itself).

        TfH