Date:      Fri, 3 Nov 2000 13:24:39 +0800
From:      Jing-Tang Keith Jang <keith@bsdvm.jtjang.idv.tw>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Something about ports/chinese

On 11/02/00, Michael C . Wu wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 02, 2000 at 05:35:43PM +0800, Jing-Tang Keith Jang scribbled:
> | The second reason was that we didn't like the way ports/{japanese,korean}
> | goes.  I really admire and appreciate the pioneer I18N work by these groups,
> | and often sees them as my best references.  But it's also true that the
> | port layout is mixed in the worst case.  There are no j/x11* or j/print,
>
> I am afraid that the Japanese and Korean guys are doing this the best
> way that I can think of.

Definitely, that's why ports/chinese is going this way, too.

Maybe cvsup's refuse is sufficient for most of non-CJK users. :-)

> (Btw, I know what you meant by "didn't like the way ports/{j,k} goes",
> but I think we should not say "don't like."  It is more of "we do not
> agree," and probably conveys your meaning better than "we don't like."

Yes, you're right.  I apologize for the wrong expressions.

> So we are agreed then. 8-)

Of course. :-)  Maybe we can make a list of which should be imported.

> A good example of how we took from ports/japanese is chinese/big5con
> from japanese/kons25.

Not to mention the coming Ghostscript+VFlib. :-)
--
Keep it simple and stupid.