Date:      Thu, 21 May 1998 10:19:53 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Tom <tom@sdf.com>
To:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   DPT install problem

  I'm trying to use the boot-dpt 2.2.6-RELEASE floppy to bootstrap a new
DPT based system.  However, sysinstall hangs after newfs'ing the
filesystems.

  I'm using a 21GB array, with auto-defaults for the filesystems, so /usr
is over 20GB in size.  If I delete /usr and replace it with a 500MB
filesystem, leaving the remaining space unallocated, sysinstall has no
problem completing the newfs step.

  Anyone else had problems with sysinstall on a mid-sized array like this?

Tom