Date:      Sun, 14 Jan 2001 15:11:53 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chris Hill <chris@monochrome.org>
To:        "J. Seth Henry" <jshenry@comp.uark.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, dstark@alaska.net
Subject:   Re: questions-digest V5 #15

On Sun, 14 Jan 2001, J. Seth Henry wrote:

> You might try DAVE 2.51 from Thursby Systems. I use it on my Mac, and it
> connects to Samba shares flawlessly. It even includes a NetBIOS search
> utility for finding other computers, and an explorer like interface. Of
> course, it has a file system mounter, which works through the Chooser.

You could also set up your FreeBSD server(s) to share the same piece of
disk with both Samba and netatalk. I've done it, and it works. This has
the advantage of being free, which DAVE is not.

Or if you're into spending money for the clients, you could buy fewer
copies of PCMacLAN for the PCs (8 vs. 21); this will allow them to mount
AppleShare volumes, which your FreeBSD+netatalk machine will look like.

--
Chris Hill               chris@monochrome.org
[1]    Bus error                     netscape