Date:      Thu, 26 Nov 1998 19:58:28 -0500
From:      "Scott D. Gregory" <sgregory@crosslink.net>
To:        "'rick hamell'" <hamellr@dsinw.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Modem Disconnects

Interesting statement.  I have found out that my provider recently upgraded
their modems to V.90.  I think my provider is using linux as their OS which
doesn't surprise me since I haven't had good luck with any provider that
uses linux (I'm not trying to start a flame war, just stating my
experience).  Is it also possible that I have my modem setup incorrectly?
 How would I confirm that my system is working properly?  I recently saw a
message or a magazine article about an FCC web site that you could look up
initialization strings for your modem chipset.  Any ideas on what site that
is?

Thanks again.

Scott