Date:      Fri, 3 Oct 1997 21:24:44 -0400
From:      Brad Karp <karp@eecs.harvard.edu>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   NeoMagic and IBM 380 vs. XFree86

I understand from the XFree86 FAQ that NeoMagic is unsupported at present.

I am also aware of the commercial server for NeoMagic video chipsets.

Is anyone aware of ongoing development effort for the IBM 380s' NeoMagic
chipsets in XFree86? My lab has purchased IBM 380s, and to my chagrin,
I've only learned that XF86_SVGA doesn't support their video hardware after
the fact.

I'd be willing to do such development myself, if I had a source for specs on
the NeoMagic chipsets; NeoMagic's web page claims they don't provide specs to
end-users.

-Brad, karp@eecs.harvard.edu