Date:      08 Jan 2003 10:41:16 +1100
From:      Carl Makin <carl@xena.IPAustralia.gov.au>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems with the Mozilla plugin and remote connections

Morning all,

I've got jdk-1.3.1p7_2 installed and running as a plugin in Mozilla
1.1.  It mostly works except when the applet tries to connect back to
the source host, probably via SSL.  In that case the connection fails
and in some cases crashes the browser.

Specifically I'm trying to use two applets.  The first is the admin
console for an IBM Enterprise Storage Server (SHARK) and the second is
the admin applets for an IBM 2106-S16 fibre channel switch (rebadged
brocade Silkworm 3800).

When trying the shark the applet gives a "communication problem"
message.  When trying the brocade applet it crashes the browser.

Can anyone help me with the next steps in getting this resolved?
It's the last thing I need before I can chuck netscape 4.76.

Thanks!

Carl.