Date:      Thu, 17 Dec 1998 17:52:46 -0500
From:      Farhana Bandukwala <farhana@cs.cmu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   chat script for connecting to modem

Hi!

I've been able to succesfully install and work using FreeBSD.
Recently, I've been trying to set up my ppp connection using
the ppp.conf.sample file provided, and I've been  unsuccessful
in getting my modem to dial out. I've tried many variations in
the script provided but none have worked. In each case,
after looking at the ppp.log file, it seems that the modem is
initialized but I can't seem to dial out.

My system details:
Dell Latitude laptop
3COM 156C PCMCIA 56K modem card

If someone has a working ppp.conf file on a compatible
laptop using a modem card, I would really appreciate it
if you can email me the appropriate lines from it to initialize
and dial out.

Thanks in advance!

-Farhana

P.S. I know the problem is not in the modem, because I can
dial out using Win95.