Date:      Mon, 10 Mar 1997 14:06:33 -0800 (PST)
From:      Chris Timmons <skynyrd@opus.cts.cwu.edu>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Larry Marso <lsmarso@panix.com>, hubs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make world -2.2 crashes on gdb.1 Why?

We've got it here on cvsup.freebsd.org, and I checked out the relevent
part of a 2.2 tree to see that it was ok.  Larry's build was looking for
it in a different place;  it looks like at one time there was a gdb.1
under gnu/usr.bin/gdb/gdb, but it is now in the attic - probably from when
gdb was moved under contrib. So hopefully this is just a case of a crufty
.depend file lying around!

Maybe a make cleandepend; make clean in /usr/src would help?  If you have
a local CVS repository, checking out a new tree would be ideal.  You could
also just blow away the gdb part of the tree and cvsup again to bring it
back.

Hope this helps,

-Chris