Date:      Tue, 4 Dec 2001 01:16:47 -0800
From:      Gabriel Rocha <icognito@neutraldomain.org>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        setantae@submonkey.net
Subject:   Re: Handbook addition suggestion

		On Tue, Dec 04, at 08:51AM, Ceri wrote:
[please CC me as I am not subbed to -docs. thanks. --gabe]

| This would have been more appropriate for -docs, I feel.

I agree and apologize. I tried subbing to -doc and seem to be
waiting for my subscription to be approved for some reason or
another and I really wanted to get that into the archives.

| I agree that the handbook is off on this point, and
| docs/32381 is already open regarding this issue.

Oce again, had no idea ;-p Just had a fun time searching online for
the docs in question and didn't find anything that was throughly
useful. The need for ld-elf.so.1 I found totally by accident. I
don't know if you would need it or not in a statically compiled
system, I am fairly sure not, but staticaly compiled named and
named-xfer binaries are not the norm at least in -stable and ldd
doesn't actually show ld-elf.so.1 anywhere. I found out by actually
chrooting to the sandbox by hand and trying to run things.

| Is this really necessary ?
| I've been running named in a sandbox on a number of systems for a
| good few years now without it.

If it isn't needed, I say ditch it as less is better  :) Thanks for
the tip. --Gabe