Date:      Sat, 16 Sep 2000 15:38:13 -0400
From:      Bill Fumerola <billf@chimesnet.com>
To:        Anthony Chavez <magus@magus.users.xmission.com>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RWS

On Sat, Sep 16, 2000 at 01:38:33PM -0600, Anthony Chavez wrote:
> Looks like RWS is going to be in town (Logan, UT) next Tuesday,
> advocating GNU/Linux and autographing.  I'm half-tempted to go wearing
> one of my many BSD t-shirts and ask him to autograph my copy of
> McKusick's book.  Unfortunately, I don't have the balls. :-)

RMS, you mean?

> Anyone got any good ~serious~ questions that I could ask him, or ways to
> advocate BSD in a ~positive~light~ in such a situation?  I don't want to
> piss on his presentation, but I would like to at least get people
> interested in BSD as an alternative.

I'd ask him what he thinks of the BSD license now that the advertising clause
has been removed.

If he starts to be an ass remind him that it's now "more free" then the GPL,
I'm sure that would push a button or two.

--
Bill Fumerola - Network Architect, BOFH / Chimes, Inc.
                billf@chimesnet.com / billf@FreeBSD.org