Date:      Sat, 5 Oct 2002 10:13:15 +0930
From:      Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>, Emiel Kollof <coolvibe@hackerheaven.org>, Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>, n0go013 <ttz@blahdeblah.demon.co.uk>, current <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: [ GEOM tests ] disklabel warnings and vinum drives lost

On Friday,  4 October 2002 at 20:29:51 -0400, Robert Watson wrote:

> On Sat, 5 Oct 2002, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
>
>> FWIW, I've never seen this code.  The dates on the patch suggest that
>> it was made in the last quarter of an hour:
>
> I didn't claim that this was his code.  This was code I just wrote to
> address Vinum not finding the devices due to major/minor number
> changes.

Ah, then I misunderstood.  Sorry.

> I was referring to a separate problem involving a zero'd sectorsize
> resulting in a divide by zero in the kernel, which Jeff reported
> experiencing and fixing previously.

Ah, yes, I recall seeing that one, I think.

>>> --- vinumio.c	21 Aug 2002 23:39:51 -0000	1.75
>>> +++ vinumio.c	5 Oct 2002 00:03:09 -0000
>>
>> However:
>>
>>   RCS file: /home/ncvs/src/sys/modules/vinum/Makefile,v
>>   revision 1.18
>>   date: 2000/04/16 00:17:46;  author: grog;  state: Exp;  lines: +1 -3
>>   Remove MAINTAINER.
>>
>> Since that point, this particular file has had 5 updates, only one from
>> me.  Jeff's a committer; he can commit it himself if he wants.
>
> Hmm.  Funny, I was paying more attention to the line in the MAINTAINER's
> file which seems to suggest you are the maintainer.  :-)

No, I just suggest that people bounce things off me before committing:

vinum		grog	Recommends pre-commit review.

> Given that you appear to have read this patch -- may I commit it
> since it appears to resolve the first of the nits I ran into using
> Vinum with GEOM?

Sure, you don't need my permission.  But let me look at it more
carefully.  As I said, I have a number of changes which also get rid
of this mess, and which were never committed.  Let me take a look and
get back to you.

Greg