Date:      Tue, 05 Dec 2006 15:23:44 +0000
From:      Khaled Moussa <khmoussa@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 6.2-RC1: Upgrade Issues

I just upgraded my FreeBSD 6.1 Release to FreeBSD 6.2-RC1 through CVSup.
All went smooth and OK with buildworld, build & install my custom
kernel, installworld, and mergemaster and system works finely except of
the 2 following issues:

1- During boot, I get the following error messages after ipv6 messages:

      * get_llflag() failed, anyway I'll try
      * sendmsg on plip0: Can't assign requested address
      * sendmsg on plip0: Can't assign requested address
      * sendmsg on plip0: Can't assign requested address

Commenting the "ipv6_enable=yes" entry in /etc/rc.conf, these messages
don't appear?

2- Upon restarting or shutting down the system, I get the following
error messages on swap partition:

      * GEOM_ELI: Detached ad0s1b.eli on last close.
      * swap_pager: I/O error - pagein failed; blkno #, size #, error 5
      * panic: swap_pager_force_pagein: read from swap failed
      * Cannot dump. No dump device defined
      * Automatic reboot in 15 seconds - press any key on console to
        reboot or switch off system.

Switching power off, however, doesn't work also and reboot is the only
option available through KB.
Any clues on managing the above problems are appreciated.
Khaled Moussa