Date:      Mon, 28 Jan 2013 10:02:16 -0500
From:      "Thomas Mueller" <mueller6724@bellsouth.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cronjob Cvsup -> What?

RW <rwmaillists@googlemail.com> responded:

> In general it's best to avoid mixing update tools unless you fully
> understand all the corner cases and know it's safe.

> The most significant  problem is they can lose track of what files
> need to be deleted, which can lead to obsolete patch files being left
> in the tree. One of the functions of "portsnap extract" is to eliminate
> extra files in port directories to avoid this problem.

You miss my point.  The intent was not to mix portsnap and svn but to use svn
in a separate location, /usr/ports as opposed to the present /BETA1/usr/ports,
with the intent to switch to svn.

Of course, I realize I'd have to update at least three etc/make.conf files:
hard drive installation, USB stick amd64 and USB stick i386.

Tom