Date:      Fri, 14 Mar 2003 11:39:46 -0800
From:      "Joshua Lokken" <inspector.us@omicnet.com>
To:        "Freebsd-Newbies@Freebsd. Org" <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   UNIX Mail help

Hello

I would like to learn to use and maintain my own mailserver.  I've
read some docs, and
watched related threads on the lists, and have decided to go with
postfix.
Each time I decide to tear into the project of setting it up, I
realize that I don't have the
basic understanding of UNIX mail to complete the job.  When I start
reading postfix docs,
I quickly feel like I'm sinking in quicksand--the concepts make sense
to me, but the
language and examples are not clear enough for me to grasp.  My
questions is this:

Where should I start, as far as reading goes?  I've read (and
partially undestood)

the sendmail chapter from UNIX System Adminstration
the sendmail chapter from the handbook
(some) of the Postfix docs

I'm not stupid, I just need a nudge i the right direction.  Thanks for
any advice!

(Please cc me)

--
Best Regards,