Date:      Wed, 21 Sep 2005 12:09:10 -0700
From:      Micah <micahjon@ywave.com>
To:        Guillermo Garcia-Rojas <garciarojas@gmail.com>,  freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: More on X.org Problems

Guillermo Garcia-Rojas wrote:
> It seems something is wrong in latest version of X.org <http://X.org>, many
> people are reporting the same issue with it that I have days ago.
>
> The issue is that when upgrading to X.org <http://X.org>; 6.8.2 and running
> X, the screen goes blsck and the machine reboots, this has been confirmed on
> users from Fedora and my experience with FreeBSD 6.0-BETA4 and 5. Now I'm
> running FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE with X.org <http://X.org>; 6.7.x and all is going
> fine, but in a few hours I'm gonna update to newest version on ports.
>
> Anyone running latest X.org <http://X.org>; and having this problem too?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> ---
> Guillermo García Rojas Covarrubias
> Director General
> SoloBSD
> http://SoloBSD.org

No problems here on 6.8.2 and 5.4-RELEASE-p7.  Perhaps you could try and
find some commonality with the others that are reporting the same
problem (vid card, MB, etc).  Try using the VESA video driver.  Try
renaming xorg.conf and starting x (it'll try some defaults like vesa
mode and ddc monitor).  Also, back in the FBSD 5.2.1 days, I had a buggy
ACPI that would do something similar.  Try booting with ACPI disabled to
test it.

Later,
Micah