Date:      Tue, 17 Jun 1997 14:57:35 -0400
From:      Brian McGovern <bmcgover@cisco.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Clists limited to 1024 bytes?

I've been tinkering around with line disciplines, and have been having problems
with the bottom half of the input side.

It appears that l_rint will stop passing characters up at 19200 at around 1K
(or so t_rawq.cc states). Is there any way to safely increase this to around
8K, or even 16K? The reason I ask is that the board I'm working with has an
8K receive buffer, and I'd like (for the sake of efficiency), be able to move
nearly a full buffer of data at once, but I seem to be limited by this number.

I've taken a look at tp->t_hiwat in the termios structure, as well as c_cbmax
in the clist structure, and neither seems to collate directly with this limit
in to the clists.

Can anyone comment, and possibly get me past this? Thanks.
	-Brian