Date:      Sat, 07 Jun 2008 09:30:27 -0400
From:      Peter Thoenen <eol1@yahoo.com>
To:        Odhiambo Washington <odhiambo@gmail.com>
Cc:        jeff@seamanpaper.com, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: vmware timekeeping

> I run FreeBSD 7.0 inside VMware Workstation-6.0.4 (ACE Edition) and I
> don't have to setup anything. The time is the always same as the host

How long do you keep it up though Odhiambo and how intensive are you
using your native OS?  I have a similar setup and while it sync's on
boot, I routinely lose 15 minutes a day (I keep it up 24x7).  I think it
is not so much a bug in VMware as opposed to the host OS running slower
than it thinks (e.g. maybe a second of OS time is really 1.000001
seconds of real time adding up over long periods) if the native OS is
under moderate to heavy use.