Date:      Mon, 4 Oct 2004 15:57:30 -0400
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-acpi@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        acpi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ASUS P5A broken by ACPI black-list

On Monday 04 October 2004 02:33 pm, Nate Lawson wrote:
> Kevin Oberman wrote:
> > It looks like interrupts from the Ethernet are not delivered without
> > ACPI, but that is hardly your problem. I have over-ridden the black-list
> > and things are back to normal.
>
> The reason this system works in Windows without ACPI is that irq routing
> in Windows uses multiple info sources including _PIR and $PIR.  John
> Baldwin has patches to do this for us too.

$PIR routing already works on FreeBSD and has worked for quite a while.  The
patches I have are to make the acpi_pci_link code work more like the $PIR
code already does.  It doesn't change the ACPI code to actually use $PIR or
the MPTable though.  I can try to look at why the ethernet device doesn't get
interrupts correctly if you can provide verbose ACPI and non-ACPI dmesgs to
look at.