Date:      Mon, 4 Dec 1995 03:32:16 -0800 (PST)
From:      Donald Burr <d_burr@ix.netcom.com>
To:        Craig Shrimpton <craigs@os.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: linux emulation

On Sun, 3 Dec 1995, Craig Shrimpton wrote:

> >    Has anyone gotten linux emulation working properly under 2.1.0R?  It always
> >tells me it can't load /lib/ld.so.
>
> Why would anyone want to "emulate" Linux?  I simply grab the sources of my
> favorite apps and re-compile for BSD.

This is fine and dandy, but will not work for, e.g., DOOM, which doesn't
give you the source.  Linux Netscape is also better than FreeBSD/BSDi
Netscape in that it supports JAVA applets, and other cool stuff, and some
people like to run that browser instead.

Donald Burr [d_burr@ix.netcom.com], PO Box 91212, Santa Barbara CA 93190-1212
TEL (805)564-1871 / FAX 564-2315 / WWW http://www.geopages.com/WallStreet/2072
PGP Public Key available by request (send e-mail) or on Public Key Servers.
** Uphold your right to privacy - Use PGP. **