Date:      Tue, 20 Dec 2016 09:55:33 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Valeri Galtsev" <galtsev@kicp.uchicago.edu>
To:        "Ian Smith" <smithi@nimnet.asn.au>
Cc:        "John Levine" <johnl@iecc.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, simon@optinet.com
Subject:   Re: ssl certificate

On Tue, December 20, 2016 8:49 am, Ian Smith wrote:
> In freebsd-questions Digest, Vol 655, Issue 2, Message: 7
> On 19 Dec 2016 16:05:17 -0000 "John Levine" <johnl@iecc.com> wrote:
>
> [..]
>
> Simon sayeth:
>
>  > >So when I find free domain registration service for my domains it will
> be
>  > >just like LE, but until then...  ya, I have a problem, I want it free!
>
>  > You might enjoy .tk.  Domains are free, $0.
>
> Spammers are certainly enjoying them; ${random.alphabet.soup}.tk are
> lately probing here.  I tried locating one after noticing gmail noisily
> rejecting a .forward for a user.  Registrant details hidden, of course.
>
> Connect:tk		ERROR:"550 unaccountable domain rejected"

<rant>

Indeed. Once free/almost free "generic" top domains emerged like .pro,
.blog, .tech, .design, ... spammers immediately jumped in and started
using them for their wrongdoings. I have a feeling that these domains were
specifically made for their advantage. Immediately I had to adjust spam
settings to make all originating from these go to Junk. It was really
short consideration after which I was quite certain that no serious person
willing to communicate serious matter will use these - not in my book.

</rant>

Valeri