Date:      Tue, 25 Jan 2005 16:15:13 +0100
From:      Stijn Hoop <stijn@win.tue.nl>
To:        Joachim Dagerot <jd@dagerot.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can't get rid of screen 'saver'

On Tue, Jan 25, 2005 at 04:12:29PM +0100, Joachim Dagerot wrote:
> I'm running a picture slideshow on a laptop (TFT screen) and I dont want
> a screen saver/blanker or whatever it's called. No, I don't want it at
> all.

If you're running X, it has it's own set of DPMS powersave rules.

Try

xset dpms off

in X to turn it off for one session.

I think removing

Options "DPMS"

from the monitor section in your X config file will make it the default.

I don't know what else it could be if you're not in X.

HTH,

--Stijn

--
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids,
we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and