Date:      Tue, 31 Oct 2000 12:48:01 +0100
From:      "Vittorio Mori" <vmori@edisons.it>
To:        <scanner@jurai.net>, <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Need help to boot (was : -current hangs during boot)

> > Hello FreeBSD-hackers.
> >
> > I had my first CVSup-ed source tre d/loaded today. It compiled correctly
> > (make buildworld) and installed correctly (make installworld).
>
> Mistake #1 was CVSuping -CURRENT.

[...]

> NOTE #3. Your machine is probably totaly broke. And you will need to
> reinstall. This time I suggest you install 4.1.1-RELEASE and follow
> -STABLE *not* -CURRENT.

Hey pal, don't chew me up like that ... I solved the problem myself ....
look, I'm not here to bother you guys, I use FreeBSD for years now, and I
always used -RELEASE, bought cds & the rest. I've also built several
ISDN-routers, all FreeBSD-based. I simply LOVE the FreeBSD project, and,
since I have some spare time, I decided to start testing -CURRENT. I also
built& modified many PicoBSD installations on a floppy for custom purposes.

Even if I am "green" to many subjects, it doesn't mean I am a complete
idiot. I can learn, damnit, but I have to start with something.

Geez ....

  Bye,
Wyk'00