Date:      Sat, 19 Sep 1998 12:12:25 -0600
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@plutotech.com>
To:        Nicolas Souchu <Nicolas.Souchu@prism.uvsq.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, gibbs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: still have bus reset with CAM

>Hi there,
>
>Justin, Ken,
>
>I still have bus resets while doing a tar -czf from my usr/obj to
>an nfs mounted filesystem for example.
>This is a problem I noticed in old-scsi system and though it was
>solved by CAM.
>
>[How] Was it solved? I know this bug is really old.
>
>I configured the bios not to have the drive disconnected,
>but the reset still happens.

>The relevant logs:
>++++++++++++++++++

>(da0:ahc0:0:6:0): SCB 0x6 - timed out in datain phase, SCSISIGI == 0x44
>SEQADDR == 0x110
>SSTAT1 == 0x3

This isn't the driver's fault.  The drive has us still in datain phase,
we're happily looping to accept incoming data bytes, but none are arriving.
This is likely due to a lost "ACK" on the bus, so the target believes
that there is no space left in the synchronous offset to send more data.
Replace your cable, check your termination, etc. etc.

--
Justin