Date:      Mon, 27 May 2024 12:57:28 +0900
From:      Tatsuki Makino <tatsuki_makino@hotmail.com>
To:        Daniel Engberg <daniel.engberg.lists@pyret.net>, David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [Maintainer] Help determining proper LICENSE for x11-wm/piewm?

Hello.
What I say may turn out to be bullshit :)

In short, it doesn't matter what the license is, it's how it controls

Can the FreeBSD installer include built packages?
Can packages be included on FreeBSD installer disks sold on the FreeBSD Mall ( https://www.freebsdmall.com/ ) ?
When the distfile fails to download, can it be downloaded from MASTER_SITE_BACKUP?

If there are no matching licenses, I think we can concoct new licenses and control them.
I don't know if it's just a good example, but I think print/epson-inkjet-printer-escpr2 is applicable to the example where the license clause is included in the distribution file, and audio/libamrnb is applicable to the example where the license clause is not included in the distribution file.

It's a surprisingly difficult part that needs to be done accurately, so if I'm saying something wrong, please point it out right away :)

Regards.