Date:      Tue, 15 Jan 2002 18:23:29 -0600
From:      Rik Scarborough <RikSca@kc.rr.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: USB Printer

* Mike Meyer (mwm-dated-1011554262.e15458@mired.org) [020115 14:36]:
> [Context lost to top posting.]
>
> IIRC, the dmesg output you posted showed the device as ugen, not
> ulpt. That means the lpt driver isn't recognizing it as a printer for
> some reason. In this case, either 1) it's a WinPrinter connected via
> USB, and your SOL, or

That's possible, it's a HP, and not one of the really expensive ones.
However, in trying to fix this, I install and setup apsfilter and it
lists this printer (HP Photosmart 1215) as one of the HP drivers.  I'm
hoping that means someone, somewhere has gotten it working on some
version of *nix.

> 2) you need to fix the ulpt driver to recognize
> it.

How would I 'fix' this driver?  I've tried deleting the ulpt0 device
and running MAKEDEV again, but it still give me the same error.

> 	<mike
> --
> Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>			http://www.mired.org/home/mwm/
> Independent WWW/Perforce/FreeBSD/Unix consultant, email for more information.
I hope this is successful for you.  I wish I had the guts/ability to do
that myself.

--
Ranger Rik -- RikSca@mac.com

Joshua 24:15