Date:      Mon, 23 Jun 2008 20:50:47 +0200
From:      Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfinn.ingolfsen@broadpark.no>
To:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: usb/124604: Wireless Mouse doesn't work

On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 23:43:56 +0700 (NOVST)
"Rashid N. Achilov" <citycat4@ngs.ru> wrote:

> Sorry, Torfinn, I haven't seen any working Genius or
> Microsoft USB combo device. That's mean, that any Genius
> devices does not follw standard? ANY Microsoft device does
> not follow standard? Please name me any combo device, made

Probably. For Microsoft devices - most likely.

> by Genius or Logitech or Microsoft, which works under
> 6.x-STABLE. Also, what is a "standard" for USB

Well, I have this old "Cordless Desktop Optical" (it doesn't say any
model number) made by Logitech here on a machine which runs FreeBSD
6.2-stable from March last year, that one is working.
Another, the "Cordless Desktop EX110" also by Logitech, only the
keyboard works, the mouse does not.

> keyboards/mices? Is it an order, which device follwed to
> send data or data packet format or something else?

The usb specification[1] defines the standard for each class of device.
If you are interested, you can alwaus check it out.

> Yes, of course. But they think as usual to improve FreeBSD
> as server. This day USB subsystem does not required for

What data do you use to confir this statement?

> servers completely - ukbd works, any other does not need

Youdon't have much experience with servers do you?
Today, many (most) blasde servers are legacy-free, which means that
they use usb keyboards and mice.

> And that is a way, why Windows is leading on desktops :-<

And of course Microsoft and third party developers paying people to get
drivers developed have nothing to do with this.

> >And yet you are complaining that somebody else are doing free work
> >for you to fix _your_ problem?
> >That seems a bit unfair to me.
>
> I'll do my job and haven't so much time to dig usb
> subsystem code. Also I work to  popularization some

Then  you have reported any and ll the problems you have found in
FreeBSD via detailed PR's (Problem Reports)?

> FreeBSD software, tunuing or working methods by writing
> articles in Russian magazine "System Administrator". Visit
> http://openoffice.mirahost.ru, when you can read Russian.

Sorry, I can't read russian.

> I'm awaiting 7.1. When usb support under this version will

Hopefully, you are also reporting any problems you have found in the
current version.