Date:      Sat, 7 Aug 2004 12:05:43 -0500
From:      Andrew Lankford <andrew.lankford@verizon.net>
To:        Scott Long <scottl@samsco.org>
Cc:        freebsd-amd64@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: amd64/67745: boot fails on compaq presario r3000z

>I don't know if the boot loaders will affect anything here,
> unless I'm mis-understanding the problem.

That was just a wild guess.  It's just that the patch seems
to stop the computer from rebooting shortly after the kernel
starts up.  I was thinking some changes might have been made
to the bootstrap code (which normally uses the keyboard).

>Could you try a series of tests where you completely
> remove the patch, but also selectively remove the calls
> to test_kbd_port() for atkbd.c
>and see which instance is causing the problem?

Alright.  I'll let you know if anything interesting happens.

Andrew Lankford